Cotton - Egyptian | Supima | Conventional
Flax - European Flax - Linen.
Organic cotton GOTS
Tencel - Lyocell
Terry, Waffle, Pique, Jacquard,
Plain dyed, Yarn-dyed, Printing, Indanthrene.
cotton | poly/cotton | cotton/linen | jacquard | printed | stonewashed
Regarding the bath towel segment:
- Bath towels are made with the same raw materials as those used in bed linen. Most raws must be blended, while cotton and bamboo can be used separately.
- With the bed sheets, the quality is specified by the thread count per square inch, and the cost of towels is based on the weight of the terry fabric per square meter.
- Towels can be one colour (piece dyed), plain or with bas-relief designs or a des combination of yarns of different colours. In this case, colour combinations or shades should be referenced from a colour table as Pantone chart codes.
- Bathrobes, mats and room slippers, which can be plain or personalized with embroidery, as can be done for Hotel & Spa.
For a sustainable planet, we have been adding 'new' raw materials, upcycling the most and rescuing the ocean's waters from plastics!
It is a widely distributed plant on the planet.
It needs a small amount of water to grow, and treatment does not require contaminating pesticides or herbicides.
Fibre extraction does not require chemicals or enzymes.
The yarn has a hollow structure that allows for thermoregulation.
It is an antibacterial and antistatic breathable fibre added to high tensile strength.
It is an eco-friendly material that is resistant to disease and vermins.
The bamboo yarn is 100% made from bamboo itself.
As 100% cellulosic fibre degrades 100% in the soil, by microorganisms and sunlight, without causing harm or risks to the environment.
The bamboo yarn has strong durability, stability, round and smooth surface and can be spun purely or blended with other fibres.
Softer than cotton, bamboo fibre has a natural shine on its surface, similar to silk and cashmere.
Anti-bacterial fibre absorbs and evaporates human sweat giving the skin a chance to breathe freely.
TENCEL / Lyocell
The raw material for the manufacture of Lyocell is high-quality wood dissolved in a solution of little or nothing polluting.
The solvent is 99.5% recycled/recovered and sent back to the process, and the reclaimed water is used for the post-washing treatment of the fibres. This process gives Anti-Bacterial characteristics.
The yarn gives a silky and smooth touch with a great fall.
Organic cotton is all that is obtained in sustainable systems in time and space.
It does not receive chemical treatment or other inputs harmful to human health, animal health and the environment.
Do not use transgenic seeds.
It retains water with organic matter to fertilize the soil.
It maintains a balance between pests and their natural predators through healthy soil. Uses biological control with beneficial insects.
Soil fertility is maintained or improved by organic fertilization and crop rotation.
Organic cotton cultivation began in the 1980s and grew rapidly from 1991 onwards.
SEAQUAL™ is an organization with a mission to clean our oceans through the upcycling of plastic marine waste.
Plastic waste retrieved from the ocean depths by fishermen and other ocean clean-up programs is collected, cleaned, sorted and then returned to the industry as SEAQUAL™ POLYMER to be transformed into a wide range of high-quality, sustainable, everyday products.
What is SEAQUAL™ FIBER?
• SEAQUAL™ FIBER is a starting point for a cleaner ocean, a fibre for an environmentally conscious textile market.
• Is a premium 100% recycled PES fibre made in part from plastic marine waste.
• Multitude of applications from fashion apparel and home furnishings to automotive upholstery and non-wovens.
INGEO - The innovator fibre that's full of ecological benefits.
But what is Ingeo?
Using biotechnology, NatureWorks developed the polylactic acid (PLA) biopolymer, branded Ingeo.
The name Ingeo means “Ingredients from the Earth”.
It is the world’s first and only manmade fibre produced from 100% renewable resources – by fermenting sugar extracted from corn, and therefore biodegradable.
The fabric is designed to combine the best of the two sides, the beauty and appeal of an eco-friendly natural fibre with the performance of synthetic fibre.
Comfortable and pleasant, its properties suit perfectly terry towels requirements as those of NP C808
• Easy care, quick drying and no need to iron.
• Natural, comfortable and soft.
• Low pilling.
• Good fastness to light.
• Good moisture and odour control.
• Superior flame resistance.
• Natural UV and stain resistance.
Introducing probably the very best terry towel one can buy.
After years of research tests and experimenting with new materials, NP-HOME has arrived at an unprecedented level of quality.
Presenting our new brand Aerosilk is a terry towel made with the best-combed cotton in an intimate blend with Cupro.
What does that mean?
Yarns in cupro are produced from the purest cellulose found in nature: using a specific process, the cotton waste is dissolved and extruded, obtaining fine thread. Its multifilament and capillary structure allows us to produce a material with unique characteristics of comfort, ventilation and resistance, which is also extremely delicate and nontoxic.
Fabrics manufactured with this material are hypoallergenic, therefore, ideal for contact with the more delicate zones of the body.
With this extraordinary material, we have created a collection of bright and colourful bath towels.
• Anti-static effect.
• High level of comfort.
• Biologically safe.
• Soft and fresh to the touch.
• Chromatically bright.
• Versatility of dyes.
• Softness for draping (ideal for refined fabrics).
• Eco-friendly –100% recyclable.
R. Cónego Avelino Jesus Costa
4980-632 Ponte da Barca
Phone: +351 258 488 710
Copyright © 2016 - 2023 portowel.com.
All rights reserved